M.D. Samuel P. Martin's Letter of Recommendation
A client of George recently sent in his letter of recommendation to show just how much he appreciated the health care that was given.
Dr. Samuel P. Martin is a vascular specialist with over 37 years in practice. He is board certified in general and vascular surgery and received certification for the Board of Venous and Lymphatic medicine in 2008. (A phlebologist is a vein specialist). He is also registered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RPVI), a board which recognizes special qualification to interpret venous and arterial ultrasound studies. In addition, he has been certification by the American Board of Wound Management which recognizes expertise in treating venous ulcers and other wounds.
Dr. Marti’s educational background includes a B.A. from Yale University, a M.D. from Duke University, a general surgery residency at N.Y. Hospital-Cornell, and a vascular fellowship at the Ochsner Foundation Hospital. He was the first fellowship trained vascular surgeon in Central Florida. He was also one of the founders and the first Medical Director of the Central Florida Wound Care Center, the first in the tri-county area. Dr. Martin developed an interest in venous disease due to the fact that more than 50% of the wounds treated at the center were a result of vein problems, recognizing the need for specialized wound therapy.
Dr. Martin is currently on staff at Florida Hospital and Orlando Health, and is a member and former president of the Florida Vascular Society, In addition, he is a member of numerous regional and national vascular societies, including the Society for Vascular Surgery, Southern Association of Vascular Surgery, The American Venous Foreum, the American College of Phlebology, the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care and the Society of Vascular Ultrasound.
Full List of Certifications
- American College of Phlebology (ACP)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Venous Form (AVF)
- Association of Independent Doctors
- Florida Medical Association (FMA)
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS)
- Florida Vascular Society (FVS)
- American Board of Wound Management
- American College of Clinical Wound Specialists (ACCWS)
- Orange County Medical Society
- The Southern Association for Vascular Surgery
- The American Board of Venous & lymphatic Medicine